My name is Merle Findhammer. I am currently studying Graphic Design at ArtEZ University of the Arts, The Netherlands.
My work could be described as autonomous and research-based and focuses mainly on poetic storytelling, exploration and identity. I love working interdisciplinary, therefore my work is both rooted in print and writing (illustration, books, poetry, critical studies) as in audiovisual and performative work (videos, spoken word, (acapella) music).
Want to get in touch? You can reach me at info[at]merlefindhammer.com
- ONGOING— Visual concept development for short film production "Het Gat" by Laury Hooghuis
☰ ArtEZ Honours Programme "Artistic Translation: Practice Inbetween Territories"
- 2021— Short story "Rennen voor Farida" published on Notulen van het Onzichtbare
- 2020— Book design for "Morgen ruikt naar tijgers", Francis Nagy
— Cover illustrations for a series of essays by Martijn van Koolwijk, published on Notulen van het Onzichtbare
— Booklet design for theatre show "Patroon" by Ludwig Bindervoet
— Participated in The Big Draw 2020 Drawing Festival
☰ Double internship at interdisciplinary production house De Nieuwe Oost (production assistant) and Wintertuin Literature Festival (design intern)
- 2019— Poster design for short film "Under Reconstruction", Laury Hooghuis, screened at Pleintheater (Amsterdam)
— Exhibition "Algorithmic Fitness" at Motel Spatie (Arnhem)
- 2018— Cartographic illustration for YA book "De Zwendelprins", Moon Young Adult
— Poster competition "Reclaim the Streets" (part of selected works), initiated by 3sec.gallery, exhibited at Affiche Gallery (The Hague)
- 2017— Exhibition "Ruimtekoers" (Arnhem)
☰ Started BA Graphic Design, ArtEZ Institute of the Arts (Arnhem)
- 2016☰ Pre-education Art & Design, ArtEZ Institute of the Arts (Arnhem)
☰ Degree in Cambridge English: Proficiency (C2)